Launch of the new TAG Heuer Connected Watch – TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45, took place on 14th of March 2017, in Brunnen, Switzerland.
The press conference held in the historical town Brunnen near Rütli Meadow, that is the place where Switzerland was found. Gorgeous scenery of the lake Vierwaldstättersee and Swiss Alps emphasised filling of Swiss Made label.
TAG Heuer presented the second generation of its connected watch – TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45, in collaboration with Intel and Google.
Jean-Claude Biver, CEO of TAG Heuer & President of the LVMH Group Watch Division, introduced the watch, while Josh Walden, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the New Technology Group at Intel, and David Singleton, Vice President of Android Engineering at Google, explained all the updates and features of the new Connected Watch.
Good to know:
- TAG Heuer is a famous watchmaking company, that has a long history and traditions in the watchmaking industry. The company has been producing exceptional quality watches since 1860. The brand is know for its creativity and sometimes even Avant-Garde ideas. I think, that’s make TAG Heuer different from other Swiss watchmakers.
- TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 is a second generation of the TAG Heuer Connected watches.
- The first generation of the connected watches will be update by 1st of April 2017. Therefore, the owners of the first generation will have the same features as TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45.
- TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 is water-resistant to 50 meters.
- The new watch has GPS, a sensor for payments and completely synchronized with all Android devices. Soon it will also support IOS.
- The new watch has wide selection of TAG Heuer dials.
- The connected module is changeable with an Haute Horlogerie mechanical module. The lugs, strap and buckle can be changed as well. That’s one of the coolest features. It makes this luxurious watches more affordable for young and active people, who may buy a new Connected Watch and later on to buy timeless mechanical module.
On the same day, Jean-Claude Biver announced arrival of the thousandth COSC certified Tourbillon movement. To mark this occasion, the 1000th COSC certified Tourbillon was presented in a box which also contains the new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 watch. TAG Heuer has decided to auction the whole package on eBay from 14th to 29th March 2017, with a reserve price of CHF 17,900. All proceeds from the sale will go to the Make-A-Wish foundation, whose mission is to grant the wishes of seriously ill children.
After the press conference, media representatives were invited to a boat tour from Brunnen to Lucerne, where at the Les Ambassadeurs boutique the new watch was presented to public.
Good to know:
- Lucerne is a beautiful city in the central Switzerland and the capital of the canton of Lucerne. The city lies on the Lake Lucerne and surrounded by magnificent mountains. More details and photos about Lucerne you may find in the article -> EXPLORING LUCERNE.
- Pilatus is one of the mountains which rises over the city. Traveling to the top of Pilatus is unforgettable experience. If you are interested to learn more details about this outstanding mountain, you may find highlights in the article -> PILATUS, DRAGONS MOUNTAIN
- Les Ambassadeurs is a luxury watch and jewellery boutique, where everyone can discover latest collections of watch pieces and jewellery. Les Ambassadeurs has 5 boutiques around Switzerland in Geneva, Zurich, Lucerne, Lugano and St. Moritz.
I’m very excited about the ladies version of TAG Heuer Connected Watch, which is coming in autumn 2017.
Do you use any smart watch or connected watch? And if so, what do you like the most about it? Share your impressions in comments below.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH