No menu items!

    Ruinart Reveals A New Innovative Gift Packaging

    TerribleDidn't like itIt was OKLiked itLoved it Rating: 5.00 stars
    (1 Ratings)
    Click Stars to Add Rating
    Ruinart Reveals A New Innovative Gift PackagingRuinart Reveals A New Innovative Gift Packaging

    After 2 years of research and development, and as many as 7 prototypes, Maison Ruinart presents the Second Skin, a new, innovative and eco-designed gift packaging.

    This completely recyclable, ultra-light casing is made of 100% cellulose fiber, sourced from sustainably managed European forests.

    It follows flawlessly the iconic shape of the bottles, delicately covering and preserving exquisite Ruinart flavours. Its softly structured surface is representing the Crayères of the historic cellars in Reims.

     In 1729, Nicolas Ruinart found the Ruinart house in Reims, in the heart of the Champagne region. It became the first champagne house.

    The world’s oldest champagne house is well-known for its forefront thinking and pioneering contribution to the environmental protection. The company takes everything into account – from transportation to packaging solutions, to the selection of dedicated artists. Ruinart recycles 98.7% of waste in Reims, as well as 100% of all by-products of winemaking.

    In 1947 Ruinart made a courageous decision to fully focus on Chardonnay. the most valuable and rarest grape variety in Champagne.

    Good to know about the Second Skin:

    • It took 2 years of R&D and as many as 7 prototypes before the final version of this sustainable packaging.
    • No plastic or glue.
    • The Second Skin is 9 times lighter than the previous generation of packaging.
    • Moreover, it ensues in a 60% reduction in the carbon footprint according to the BEE method (Bilan environnemental des emballages) of ADEME.
    • The packaging is suitable for long storage in the refrigerator. Also, it will keep its shape for several hours in a bucket filled with ice.

    Ruinart’s new packaging skilfully combines the new feeling, groundbreaking material and new design.

    However, paper alone is not enough for filtering all light waves and protecting the wine, especially in the transparent bottles. Therefore, a new technique enriches the cellulose with a natural metal oxide.

    Maison Ruinart worked side by side with James Cropper Manufacture in order to create this revolutionary shell. The family run paper manufacturer is located between Scotland and England, on the edge of the Lake District National Park. Impressively, the company feeds 91% production water back into the lake unchanged. Half of the remaining 9% evaporates as the paper dries. The other half corresponds to the moisture naturally present in the material.

    Currently, the Second Skin gift packaged bottles are available to buy in Switzerland from Globus at CHF 89.90. Furthermore, soon it will be available from selected wine retailers.

    You can also check Ruinart’s connection to the modern art during Art Basel 2019.

    Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us -> GET IN TOUCH.


    Yuliia Caliskan
    At MonAme Magazine, I’m in charge of content and publication. I am passionate about all things new and sustainable - traveling, food and active lifestyle. As an MD specialized in Dermatology, I also always keep myself up to date about new advancements in beauty and cosmetics industry.

    Similar Articles



    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here


    Subscribe to receive email updates about latest articles and special announcements.