Salad with Beluga Lentils and Halloumi Cheese is a perfect option for breakfast or lunch! It’s healthy, nutritious and delicious! :)
Moreover, it’s easy and fast!
I’ve discovered Beluga Lentils for myself quite recently. It’s so good! Below I wrote some health benefits of Beluga Lentils. It’s definitely worth to be added into the daily meals. And the most important, it’s delicious!
Some Health benefits of Beluga Lentils:
- Beluga Lentils help to stabilise blood sugar level since it contains high level of soluble fibres which are able to trap carbs.
- Lentils help to reduce cholesterol level also thanks to its fibers. Eating high fiber foods like lentils reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- It also a wonderful source of folate, magnesium and iron. That’s important for the heart health, nervous system, energy production and metabolism.
- Insoluble dietary fibers in black lentils help to prevent constipation and other digestive disorders.
- Lentils are a great source of protein, which are an important building material in our body. That’s important for everyone, but especially for vegetarians.
- In addition, Beluga Lentils has a high level of antioxidants, which help to fight with cancer.
- Besides, black lentils are very low in calories.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 people):
- Beluga Lentils (alternatively green or brown) – 1 glass (180 g)
- Cherry tomatoes – 200 g
- Cucumber – 1/2 if it’s long or 1 medium size
- Black olives – 100 g
- Halloumi cheese – 250 g
- Rucola – 50 g
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Cook lentils as it’s written on the package. Leave it cool down.
Tips: I cooked Beluga lentils in proportion 1:3 with water for 30 minutes. If some water remain after it’s cooked, drain.
NB! Don’t put salt while cooking lentils! One minute before it’s ready, add a pinch of salt.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
3. Cut the cucumber into quarters.
4. Remove pits and cut in halves the black olives.
5. For the sauce: in the bowl mix together the olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
6. Put together lentils, tomatoes, cucumber and olives. Add the sauce and mix through well.
7. Cut the Halloumi cheese into 8 pcs. Grill it for approximately 3 min on each side.
8. Put the rucola leaves on the serving plate, add the lentils-vegetable mix on the rucola and put the Halloumi cheese on top of it.
Nutritious and delicious salad is ready!
Another recipe with lentils you can find here -> Lentil soup