Geneva International Motor Show is one of the most famous and most important car shows in the world.
The first motor show took place in 1905. Ever since then, Geneva International Motor Show has been playing an important role in the automobile industry for presenting latest models and concepts.
One of the most important tasks of Geneva International Motor Show is to display novelties and latest upgrades. Moreover, the Motor Show demonstrates perspectives of development in the automobile industry, integration of the latest technologies into cars as well as changes in the automobile market.
Geneva International Motor Show is an euphoria for car enthusiasts. It’s an opportunity to discover latest models of the favourite brands, check them in details and learn all important information.
Good to know:
- Dates: 9 – 19 March 2017
- Location: Palexpo, Route François-Peyrot 30, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex, Geneva, Switzerland
- Getting there: Palexpo is located next to the International Geneva Airport.
The easiest way to get to the Motor Show is flying.
The best way by land is to take a train because the Geneva Airport railway station is just 3 minutes away from the Hall #7 of Palexpo. Moreover, with the SBB RailAway offer you will benefit from a discount on the train journey to the Motor Show (-10%) as well as reduced-price admission (-30%). More details you may find on www.sbb.ch/en/gims
Adults – 16 CHF;
Children 6 – 16 years old, pensioners, people with disabilities – 9 CHF;
There is a 50% discount on the tickets after 16:00 for the entrance at the same day;
More information about prices and tickets -> 87TH GENEVE INTERNATIONAL MOTER SHOW PRICES & TICKETS.
- Working Hours:
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 20:00
Saturday – Sunday 9:00 – 19:00
- There are cloakrooms at the Congress centre (main entrance hall) and at the entrances to Hall #5 and Hall #7.
- You may find multilingual guide magazines at each information desk.
- There are plenty of restaurants, bars and snack bars all around the halls.
- The show attracts a lot of visitors. The most crowded days are Saturday and Sunday. During weekends it’s getting so crowded, that in some point it’s almost impossible to move around. If you have a chance, try to avoid weekends, and come to the motor show during weekdays.
Novelties & Trends & ENTERTAINMENT
- Geneva Motor Show offers a lot of interactive opportunities. You may find different gadgets and simulators for interacting all around the show. For instance, TAG Heuer presents a special Motor Racing Exhibition of exceptional cars, five exclusive racing simulators, a photo booth, a bar open to the public, two VIP lounges and a pop-up store where guests can enjoy TAG Heuer watch collection available for purchase.
- This year Motor Show is surprisingly colourful. The colour of the year is orange and all its shades, from almost yellow to nearly red. The second popular colour for novelties is blue.
- Concept of self-driving cars is another big trend of the 87th Geneva International Motor Show. For example, Peugeot presented Peugeot Instinct concept – it’s a self-driving concept car developed in collaboration with Samsung. Using the company’s Artik Cloud platform, Peugeot Instinct concept syncs with the user’s devices. The car has two modes: “Drive” and “Autonomous”, and in both modes, the driver retains control over the vehicle via the i-Device, which sits next to the 9.7-inch screen in the center console.
- Another vital topic for the 87th Geneva International Motor Show is a problem of environmental pollution by harmful exhausts. There is a dynamic of increasing the number of environmental friendly electric cars.
- There are over 145 world premiers at the Geneva Motor Show. In this article I shared some new models that impressed me the most by its design, colour and innovations. You are always welcome to share which brands and cars impressed you in the comments below.
87th Geneva International Motor Show is an unmissable event for everyone. Even if you don’t understand anything about cars, you may still enjoy discovering exciting world of the fast and the furious.
You may find highlights and photos of the 86th Geneva International Motor Show in the article -> 86TH GENEVA INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW
Share your favourite cars and novelties of this year motor show in the comments below.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH